Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I Did It!

I ran my very first 5K this past weekend.  For those of you who are not aware a 5K is 3.1 miles!!  That is more than I have collectively ran in my life, ever ;)  I wanted to give it a try so I was (pardon my pun) off and running!  My family has a very busy schedule in the spring, so I should have trained more than the two weeks I was able.  I did the best I could, with the help of a great coach, Bethany!!  By the time the race came, I was only able to run two miles, and I walked at least one.  I finished the race in 40.46 and I didn't even need to be revived :)  It felt good and I am going to keep it up!  Tammy and I are going to run the Covered Bridge 5K run in mid-June.  Of course by run together I mean that I will meet her at the finish line, since Tammy will be waiting there for me for at least 15 minutes or so :):)

My support team!!
Way to go girls, it was a HOT one!

No comments: