Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

2008 Walk for Autism

Our Team ( Jackson was crabbing so he isn't seeable)
Mommy and Jackson after walking! Having fun together as usual!
This past Saturday the kids and I walked with my Woodland friends (and Tori our former Woodland friend) for Autism in Forest Park. We had a beautiful and really hot day for the event! This is our fourth year participating and it has really become a day that the kids and I look forward to! The event is geared towards family and children. They have food, music, and bounce houses for everyone to enjoy. This year there was a bubble machine blowing out literally millions of bubbles, all of the kids loved that!!
Needless to say we, again, had a great time working towards a great cause, Autism Research. As a teacher of children with Autism, I can see first hand why the research is necessary. And I am proud to announce that our Woodland Walkers raised more than $1,300! Which is not bad for a small team of 7!! I raised $225, thanks to the generous donations of my friends and family! Thanks to those who supported us and our cause!

1 comment:

Roma said...

It's so fun to do those events! Looks like you guys had a good time.