Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cancun Here We Come!! (Day 1)

Randy and I took a wonderful vacation, sans kids, to Cancun, Mexico. The kids were lucky to have Grandma Jo and Grandpa Mark taking care of them the beginning of the week and Grandpa and Grandma at the end of the week.
We stayed at the Riu Palace Las Americas, which is the same resort that we stayed in 3 years ago! We enjoyed it so much then, we just had to go back! Our friends Bethany and Dustin went with us on this trip just as they did back in 2006. It was a bit like deja vu'. We had a wonderful time relaxing in the sun! Although the trip was great, we were very home sick for our babies! In true form I took lots (408) pictures and have uploaded the 100 or so that Bethany took, so I plan to post pictures from each day. Enjoy our "virtual" trip!!
"We're leaving on a jet plane..."
We made it!! Not that I thought we wouldn't, but flying makes me nervous!
On our way to the resort! I lost my phone in the travel agency's transport...drama, drama. Luckily for me they found it and I had it back late the next day!

Once at the hotel we had to wait briefly for our room, we ate lunch and reminisced a bit about our last visit.
Don't be jealous, but this is what we saw looking out off of our balcony...
Ready for pool, sand and sun!
And we are too!!
I know, not what we see out our windows in Glen Carbon...
Bethany and I in the pool!
To round out our first night, we ate a lovely dinner at the Topis Restaurant at the resort!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

What a great view from your balcony...and yes...I am jealous!!!!