Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Where did the last FIVE years go...

Our FIVE year old boy, with all of the presents from his big party!

It is so hard to believe that my baby, my first born miracle is turning 5 today... Pardon me as I pause to cry... It is amazing to see the big boy he has become, from the baby we held what seems not long ago. I ask him everyday to stay little, and just yesterday he said "I just can't mom, if I don't turn five I can never be thirteen". I also ask him what I will do when he is no longer my baby and he has promised, "no matter what I will always be your baby!" I plan to hold him to that! So happy birthday to our BIG boy, a big boy who is running toward growing bigger everyday despite my protest... I know I can't hold him back, but I can wish for and remember the days I held him in my arms and there was nothing else in the world besides that moment! Now I can just continue to be proud of the big boy he is and will become.

"While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is about.
~Angela Schwindt"


Enjoy my customary "Birthday Boy" walk down memory lane!
Four Years Old
Three Years Old
Two Years Old
First Birthday
March 1, 2005
8:23 p.m.
9 lbs 2 ounces
Oh, how you've changed...

5 comments:

Roma said...

Happy Birthday Jack - hard to believe he's alreayd 5! Hope he had a wonderful celebration!

themurrayfamily said...

Gosh... my baby just turned 1. I thought this would get easier. He's so handsome!

Em and Steve said...

It IS hard to believe he is already 5! Happy Birthday big guy!

Riechmann Family said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! He's growing into such a great littl boy. Braden is lucky to have him as his "Bro"!

Brittany said...

Oh, that is so adorable! I cannot believe it has been that long already. We are so sorry that we had to miss Jack's special day.