Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our Van...

Well, not too long ago (about a month...) we made the decision to trade-in the Tahoe for a fun, family van!! I have always been on board to get a van, and had begun doing some "van" research last summer, but Randy was a bit of a harder sell... He loved the Tahoe, and just doesn't see himself as a van-man. But in true form he checked it out and ordered one right away. Randy always makes car purchases quickly... So goodbye to the Tahoe, and Hello Honda!!
We did do our research and read the consumer reports, focusing on safety first and other options that were important to us. We ended up ordering a brand new 2010 Honda Odyssey, with all of the bells and whistles. Really it has more options than I will ever figure out, even if I drive it for 10 years... Some of the options that the kids and I enjoy the most are the automatic sliding doors, and hatch, the DVD package, the navigation system and the back-up camera. It has many other options that I am still quite unsure of... Its color is silver metal metallic, which is very nice and exactly what I wanted and it has gray leather interior.
So far it makes getting the kids in and out very easy, and they love it! I imagine that it will be even better when we are moving three little Rodgers' around in it! So we are all happy with our new "ride", even skeptical Randy!
Here it is from the outside.
And the other side!
Jackson enjoys the DVD remote... His car seat is in the back (at his request)... We had planned for him to move to the back when the baby came but he wanted to have some "privacy" while riding in the car... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I bet the kids were so excited about this new purchase. I hope you are not getting nauseated from all the leather.Can't wait to see it in person!

Em and Steve said...

It looks nice! Steve and I had the "Will we ever have a van" conversation just the other day. He was WAY more against it than I am, but I think I will try to hold out as long as I can.

Congrats!