Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Daddy Chain



It seems as though every post starts off with how much we are missing Daddy, and this one is no different... Jackson has absolutely no concept of time, much like most 3 year olds I would imagine! For example, in his Pre-School class they are watching so tadpoles grow; on Monday they got the tadpoles and started to check them out. When Jackson woke up on Tuesday he was so excited to got o school to see the frogs that grew from the tadpoles. I told him it takes a long time and he looked at me and said, " Mommy, it has been a long time, we got the tadpoles lasternight." So Daddy being gone for a month is a really hard concept as well! So I took a que from a wonderful elementary friend of mine, Heather Chapman, and we made a "Daddy Chain". Think count down to Christmas only we are counting down to Daddy! We first had to count the days out on the calendar, the cut all of the strips, and finally decorate them and glue them together. We hung the chain on the wine rack ( for lack of a better place) and each night Jackson tears off one loop. Then we talk about how when we get the the number 1 loop Daddy will be coming home! So far this is working, except that he would like to tear off more than one at a time. To Jackson it made sense, no more loops, Daddy comes home. While I would like to tear them all off too we are stuck with one per night!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I bet he likes tearing that off each night. Does Olivia actually leave it alone all day?

Mommy said...

Great idea!