Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 11, 2010

Bye, Bye Binky Baby...

As everyone knows, we have had two very binky babies, and I am sure we will later have the dental bills to prove it.  Jack got rid of his binky very easily, but Liv has been much more attached to hers.  In the interest of preserving my sanity and anyone who may  need a nap at daycare's sanity, we decided that Liv would be allowed to keep her binky until school got out this year.  She and I talked it over and I decided that June 1st would be our last night with the binky.  She knew it was coming, and did surprisingly well dropping it cold turkey!  We told her that if she could go without it for a week, we would go to Build-a-Bear and put her beloved binky into a special friend.  (This was an idea totally copied off of a friend and it seemed to draw Liv's interest!)  Anyway she was able to do it, and went without the binky for a whole week!  Luckily Daddy came home at the end of the week and was able to go and get the big prize with us!  Funny she was better at out of sight, out of mind, because as soon as I brought it out to put in the bear, she wanted it back...  I guess she had thought it was lost and I found it:)  Needless to say we made a perfect binky friend and we are without the dreaded binky once again.  She is still doing well, but every once in a while wants to pull off her bears leg to grab that binky back out :)
In a side note, just to toot my own horn, while Daddy was in Turkey we finished potty training and are primarily in big girl pants only now with almost no accidents, and got rid of that binky!!  We sure were busy!
This is her, "Are you sure, we just found it..." face.  She choose a lovely little white bear and I promise it was a tough decision!!
Here we go stuffing that binky down into her foot.
Getting her bear all stuffed!
Daddy helping with the bear bath...
And here we are all ready for bed, no more binky!
Meet Kassie Binky Bear!
Daddy even helped Liv pick out a beautiful Cinderella Dress, Crown, and even a purse for Kassie!!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love it! Payton's Nuk went bye-bye on May 30th. I told her that she lost, but somewhere along the line Ty told her the squirrel ate it. So now everytime she sees a squirrel, she says "Nuk?" At least it is no longer part of our lives!