I was so lucky to have a sitter Friday night! Randy and Dustin went to Chicago for the Cubs/Cards game, and totally out of character for us, Bethany and I got sitters and went out! Aunt Rhonda and Uncle Marty came over to watch the kids and I went out to dinner in town with Bethany, Kelly and Heather. We ate at Erato in Edwardsville. Erato is a wine bar, and in the last year or so they added a topis menu. The food is awesome and they have a very low key, chilled out atmosphere. We had a great evening! We were able to talk and laugh and just have fun together, something that we often don't take the time to do!
I had an awesome evening, the best in a long time!! Like many other mothers out there, I never do anything just because. Everything is planned, everything is a "have to". Don't get me wrong; you enjoy the "have to's" also, but you just never make the time for the "want to's". Dinner with the girls Friday night was a "want to" and I am so glad I did! So thank you to my awesome sitters!! Thank you to my friends, I wish that life provided more opportunity for the "want to" times!!
I had an awesome evening, the best in a long time!! Like many other mothers out there, I never do anything just because. Everything is planned, everything is a "have to". Don't get me wrong; you enjoy the "have to's" also, but you just never make the time for the "want to's". Dinner with the girls Friday night was a "want to" and I am so glad I did! So thank you to my awesome sitters!! Thank you to my friends, I wish that life provided more opportunity for the "want to" times!!







3 comments:
How fun! Good for you and your "Jaycie" time (as opposed to "mommy", "wife", and "teacher" time)
Good for you! We don't do that often enough! I am proud of you.
Yay! Looks like you guys had fun and you've definetly earned it!
Post a Comment