Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Woodland Walking for Autism Research!!


I am walking in the Autism Speaks, Walk for Autism this year on October 11, 2008!! This will be the third year that I have walked ( Jack and Liv walk with me:). This is a cause I am passionate about. I am a Special Education teacher and I do work with students affected by autism. If you are able, please consider donating to this cause! Check out my page link at the bottom to donate online! This is a pic from last years walk!


Here are some interesting facts about autism:
1 in 150 children is diagnosed with autism
1 in 94 boys is on the autism spectrum
67 children are diagnosed per day
A new case is diagnosed almost every 20 minutes
More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes & cancer combined
Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U. S.
Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism
There is no medical detection or cure for autism
I am asking you to help by supporting my fund raising efforts with a donation. Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference. Together we can make an impact by supporting the advancement and acceleration of autism research. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to the address listed below. More information on Autism Speaks, its programs and autism in general can be found at their website: https://mail.ecusd7.org/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.autismspeaks.org/ Any amount, great or small, helps. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.




Thank You for taking the time just to read about this important cause!!

Jaycie

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Go You!!! I will definately hit that website up!