Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Here She Is!!

After a long anticipated wait, we welcomed our third child, Emilia Kathryn Rodgers (Emmy for short) in to our family.  She was born at 8:04 A.M. on Friday July 2, 2010.  Little Emmy weighed in at 7lbs. 15oz. and was 19.5 inches long!  Our day began very early, as our C-section was scheduled for 7:30 A.M.  Randy and I arrived at the hospital around 6 and waited for our turn!  Finally our long wait came to an end and I was taken back to be prepped for surgery!  Unfortunately my Spinal Block did not take (I don't do exceedingly well with anesthesia...), so I was given a General Anesthetic and was off to sleep for the birth of our daughter.  I woke up sometime around 10 ish and was very groggy.  Emilia did fine, but is still very sleepy from the medication...  So is life, and we are blessed to have a perfectly healthy baby girl!  We will be in the hospital until Monday, hopefully getting a little rest :)  Thanks for all of your prayers and well wishes!  Here is just a small sampling of the pictures that we have been taking...
My last pregnancy picture, 39 weeks!!
Randy and I enjoyed a few good laughs together while waiting for our surgery :)
Although this was our third C-Section, we felt like it was our first.  And, of course, it was nothing like the other two...
The Big Brother and Big Sister's outfits!
Here she is!  Isn't she sweet!
They loved her from the first moment!  They are so excited that we get to keep her and bring her home!
Holding Emmy for the first time!
Liv was all about "kissing on the baby".
I can tell that Jack will be a big helper to me and his baby sister!
Still wants to be in pictures with me and the baby.
Attempted family picture...
Picture with Nanan and Papa and the Rodgers Grandkids!

Love those eyes...don't get to see much of them right now!
Still so sleepy.

4 comments:

Angelica said...

Look at you! Bloggin from the hospital =) Congrats once again! She's beautiful! I miss that newborn stage already =( It goes way too quickly! Love her nickname...we have one of those too ;-)

Katy said...

Congratulations & welcome to baby Emmy! She's absolutely beautiful! Great pics, & I hope your first night home goes well.

Tori said...

So beautiful, CONGRATULATIONS!

Mommy said...

I am SO happy that she is finally here! Welcome to the world Princess Emmy and Jaycie, welcome to the "Mommy of 3" club!