This past weekend was a whirlwind for the Rodgers Family. On Saturday morning, early, we headed up to Roseville for our Grandfathers funeral. It was a long 4 hour drive and the weather just wasn't on our side this weekend. We made it and the service was wonderful, and honored his life in a very nice way. And in its sad but true way a memorial service always brings together family that you haven't seen in a long time.
Following the memorial we drove to my moms. What should have been a quick 2 to 2 and a half hour jaunt turned into a 5 and a half hour trek... The weather just wasn't on our side! We sat in traffic for an hour awaiting a 5 car accident clean up and more than one car spun in circles in our plain view. Anyone who knows me well knows that I all but had a panic attack just being a passenger out in conditions like that!! But we made it and the kids did remarkably well considering the amount of time they spent in the car!
Sunday we drove about 3 hours over to Kankakee to see my Grandma and Aunt Jayne to have our Christmas together! The weather finally started to cooperate and despite VERY strong wind we made it one piece and in a reasonable amount of time. I tell you I forget about the amount of snow that they get up north compared to the almost none that we get here! It was nothing for my parents to have 15 inches on the ground... Maybe that is way I stay here, but I digress. We had a wonderful, but much to short visit with Grandma and Aunt Jayne. We exchanged gifts and had a lovely meal together.







1 comment:
Glad to hear you made the trip safe and sound! I bet it was nice visiting with your family. By the way, good pic of you and your sisters!
Post a Comment